Teams from Exbourne, Lamerton, Gulworthy, Mary Tavy & Brentor A & B), Highampton (A & B), Lewtrenchard and Milton Abbot took part in what was a very entertaining and competitive football tournament. Continue reading West Devon Small Schools Football Festival
Pictured presenting a cheque for £24,400, OUC’s clerk Karen Percival is with OCRA Admin Manager Jill Jolley, Chair Lyn Evans and Interim Manager Robin Catling. Continue reading OUC renews OCRA core funding
A Period of Change
Over the past few months we have had significant change in systems and personnel:
- appointed a new financial administrator – Christina Titchen
- appointed a new accountant – Thomas Westcott
- adopted a new financial accounting system
- began recruiting for a new Sport and Recreation Manager
Through this period OCRA has continued to deliver a diverse programme of sport and recreation for all ages and abilities.
Download a PDF copy of this report (PDF file, 3.7MB)
2000+ children involved in OCRA School Events programme, new Federation Schools football and netball leagues in Winter term.
New Pavilion sessions with musical theatre, music project; Mum and Baby Yoga (to start shortly )
Regular Walking Football, Walking Netball to add to the 24 different sports & activities on site.
Outreach to beavers, scouts and venture scout troops.
SNAP Special Needs received funding £4000 from DCC & NCT and local youth group support.
- Good event programme developing for 2019: returning endurance running, cycling events
- Super Sports Sunday Family Fun Day will be back with the Sports and Fitness Festival in July; May Fair, Belstone Fair, Okehampton Show, plus more events planned.
- Hockey Centenary Celebrations, Pony Club Tetrathalons & Multi sport events, with the Pavilion at the heart.
OCRA has hosted:
- Fun-fit and High-5 courses for school staff
- First Aid course for coaches and clubs
- Fundamentals of Movement course
New Programmes and Initiatives
- Developing Active Okehampton brand with Okehampton Health and Wellbeing Alliance; Exercise on Referral programme for local area
- Year 2 of our Sport Community Development contract with Fusion looks to bring new activities to both Parklands and Meadowlands.
Holiday activity schemes
All day options with Breakfast and afternoon clubs added to Sport and Art days (booking now for Easter!), more diverse activities, including our mini-camps for 3-5yr olds and family parent-and-child camps.
OCRA in Schools
OCRA holds the School Sports Co-ordinator (SSCO) role for Dartmoor MAT and Tavistock area schools and our school sports calendars are looked on with envy by our neighbours for the number and diversity of events:
- Multi-skills festivals twice a year
- Dance festival, swimming gala
- Tag Rugby festival
- Castle Drogo cross-country
- West Devon girls’ win at the recent Devon county cross-country
- Tri-golf competition this month
- Girls’ rugby taster sessions with Devon RFU upcoming;
- Increasing non-core sports: fencing and archery for Primary schools curriculum time (adding to after school clubs)
Okehampton Gym, Trampoline and DMT Club
- 4 National gold medals
- 1 National bronze medal
- regional and county medals
- a double British NDP trampoline and DMT champion
- South West Youth Games team gold.
Now a recognised competitive club with an impressive medal tally for this season:
- 28 podium places plus number of 4ths and top 10’s.
- County medals – 3 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze
- Regional medals -10 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze
- Southern zonal medals – 1 bronze
- National placings – 7th at National schools
- South West Squad places – 3 selected for SW squad, 4 reserves across disciplines, Vicki Pritchard appointed South West Coach.
Congratulations to Owen and Harry Pitman for achieving South West squad places in DMT and Bethan Honey who achieved a squad place in trampoline. Well done also to Madison Vine, Imogen Spooncer and Bethan Honey for taking first reserve places in the DMT squad and Harry Pitman for taking second reserve place for trampoline! Continue reading News: South West squad places for Okehampton Flyers!
Okehampton Flyers Gym, Trampoline & DMT Club had another good day at their second South West trampoline and double mini trampoline (DMT) regionals this season, coming away with three gold medals, two silver medals and other high placings. Continue reading Flyers strike gold and silver at regionals
Well known marathon runner Adam Holland made a very welcome appearance at the Tavistock Area Schools first Cross Country event on 12th February. Pictured is Adam with Nicolas Maczugowzki and Joel Lake of Tavistock Athletic Club ‘haring’ the Year 5 and 6 boys race, which was win by Fynn Baker of Milton Abbot school. Continue reading The ‘hares’ – schools cross-country
Terms : 8-10 hours per weeK
Location : OCRA Pavilion with some work from home options
Closing date for applications : 22.03.2019
Anticipated start date : Immediate
OCRA is looking to appoint a Volunteer Fundraiser to work alongside the management team to explore fundraising opportunities, attract grants and awards, maintain relationships with existing supporters and raise awareness of the Charity’s work. Continue reading Vacancy: Volunteer Fundraiser (part time)
The first cross country event of the 2019 Tavistock Primary Schools series took place in the Meadows on a mild Tuesday afternoon in February.
Year 3/4 girls started the series with Lamorna Cox of St Andrew’s leading the others home. Nell Maguire of Whitchurch was 2nd followed by Hazel Stead of St Peter’s and Florence Riggott and Tamzin Jarman both of Whitchurch. JJ Lake of TAC was the ‘hare’ for these girls. Continue reading Tavistock Area Schools Cross Country Series 2019
A record 16 teams from 10 schools took part, which made for a very loud and successful afternoon. Continue reading Tavistock Area Schools Annual Swimming Gala 2019