The FANS (Free Access for National Sportspeople) scheme aims to assist elite sportspeople to achieve their full potential by reducing the financial burden of training costs.
It is an important sports development initiative which aims to provide support and encouragement to the districts leading talented and elite sports performers giving them free access to Fusion Lifestyle gym/fitness and swimming pool facilities.
(Download the takeaway version of this document – PDF, 439KB)
The scheme is open to all ages who currently compete or perform at a National level in any sport recognised by Sport England. To be eligible for the scheme you must be:
- A resident for the majority of the year in the district of South Hams or West Devon (full time students whose parents/guardians reside in South Hams/West Devon are eligible)
- Have membership to a sports club based in South Hams/West Devon
- A current member of a national team or squad in a sport recognised by Sport England
- Currently listed in the top 10 of any age group ranking in a sport recognised by Sport England.
Supporting evidence and confirmation of a sport person’s current involvement will be required from a National Governing Body of Sport.
Terms and conditions
- Each South Hams/West Devon FANS scheme member will be entitled to appropriate free use of Fusion leisure facilities in South Hams and West Devon during designated times when the facilities are open, providing there is no disruption to other users and no additional cost incurred by the facilities, i.e. floodlighting. This will be at the discretion of the General Manager.
- Membership of the South Hams/West Devon FANS scheme is renewable every 12 months pending continued sports performance at a national level, with National Governing Body confirmation required.
- Each South Hams/West Devon FANS scheme member will be issued with a membership card from Fusion, which must be presented upon each visit and will be swiped through the computer to record each visit.
- Any activity that requires an induction and/or staff time will be payable at the normal rate e.g. fitness classes, personal training.
- In return for the benefits that South Hams/West Devon FANS scheme members obtain from free usage of facilities, a condition of their membership specifies that within reason they will make every effort to attend promotional events as requested by Fusion or South Hams & West Devon District Council.
- This may also include assistance in coaching activities (if appropriate).
- Fusion and South Hams & West Devon District Council are keen to monitor how the scheme benefits its members, how often facilities and services are used, as well as news about member’s recent competition, results, national representation and ranking. Therefore this information will be need to be provided as a condition of the membership.
- Conditions of hire and conduct appropriate to the facilities must be strictly adhered to; failure to do so may result in the South Hams/West Devon FANS scheme membership being withdrawn.
- Please provide evidence to confirm/ support your involvement in sport at a national level (i.e. a letter from your National Governing Body).
- Successful applicants will be issued with a membership card and confirmation email.
- The card must be presented at the leisure centre each time you visit.
- The relevant facilities will also be informed of any new members to the scheme.
- Contact Telephone number and Email address
- Date of Birth/Age
OCRA & FUSION WORKING TOGETHER TO DEVELOP SPORT & HEALTH ACROSS WEST DEVON